Hey all!
So, here I am. One week from today I will be sitting at the Vancouver Airport (probably sh***ing my pants), waiting to board a plane to Auckland, New Zealand.
This trip is one of those lofty things. The kind of thing you dream about with the hope that it may someday come true.
Now, I'm not saying that I expect this trip to change my life. What I am hoping for is a newfound respect for my life as it is now, a broader understanding of this grand earth of ours, and ultimately - a great adventure.
I leave Sunday, March 23rd and arrive in Auckland on Tuesday, March 25 (due to crossing the international dateline). I remain in New Zealand until April 22nd, when I will fly to Brisbane, Australia and stay in the country until I return home on May 2nd.
Throughout my trip I will be keeping a paper journal, and will try to update this site as much as possible. There are a few very important people in my life who are being incredible with this, and I am doing this predominantly for them. But this is also for myself.
Someday when life has settled down for me, and I am looking back on the great memories of this trip - I can read these entries and smile. I'll be able to remember that this trip was a wonderful experience...and something that I did for myself.
I hope you all come along for the ride...and that maybe this will inspire you to live out one of your dreams - however small it might be. Cheesy, I know...but I don't think we should underestimate the power of dreaming.
Cheers for now...I will update again soon.
~Renée
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment